Commercial and residential properties with more than two units in Staten Island are all subject to Local Law 152. This rule requires that properties with gas piping systems schedule an inspection once every four years to make sure that there are no leaks or damages and that the gas piping systems on your property are all up to code.
Empire Plumbing Inc is a local LL 152 inspector in Staten Island. We are a licensed master plumber with the services to support property owners in Staten Island with Local Law 152 inspections and repairs. Learn more about the due dates and process for LL152 inspections or schedule your inspection with us at (718) 494-7301.
Staten Island Gas Inspection Process from Empire Plumbing
Local Law 152 requires affected properties to schedule their gas pipe inspection during a specific year and complete the inspection by December 31 of that year. The schedule is broken down by district. For instance, in 2022, those who own property in districts 4, 6, 8, 9, or 16 in Staten Island will need to make a plan for their gas inspection.
As a licensed master plumber in Staten Island, Empire Plumbing is authorized by the New York Department of Buildings to conduct these inspections. We use the process outlined by Local Law 152, as well as our own detail oriented processes, to be sure that we can complete inspections correctly with minimal hassle to you. Our inspection process will include:
- Visual Inspection – We look for any damage to pipes. The inspection only covers exposed gas piping between the gas meter and tenant spaces. We will not need to enter tenant spaces.
- Connections to Gas Pipes – We check connections to the main gas line and any appliances for correct installation and proper materials and connectors.
- Leak Test – We will use our leak testing technology to locate, if present, any natural gas leaks on the property.
Once we complete the inspection, we provide you with the necessary reports and certification that you will need to file with the DOB. In instances where we find problems that necessitate a repair, we will also discuss potential options with you. We can provide gas pipe repairs in Staten Island and we will go over pricing and timeline to help you bring your property into compliance within the 120 days specified by LL 152.
Why Choose Empire Plumbing Inc as Your Licensed Master Plumber in Staten Island?
Staying compliant with Local Law 152 is extremely important since neglecting your inspection or repairs can result in violations of up to $10,000.
At Empire plumbing our goal is to make this process as straightforward and hassle free as possible. We offer inspections with:
- Expert Service – Our team is available to answer all of your questions throughout the process.
- Affordable Rates – Our LL 152 inspections in Staten Island for some offer the most competitive pricing with free quotes before we get started.
- Fast Inspections – Gas repairs can take your focus away from more important tasks. Our team works quickly to complete inspections before the deadline with minimal interruption at your property.
Empire Plumbing is available to provide gas piping system inspections to all the properties included under Local Law 152. Contact us to schedule your Staten Island Local Law 152 inspection today.