Plumbing issues can come in many different forms. A clogged sink or toilet is something any plumber can handle, or may be something you or a building super can fix on your own. Other plumbing problems and projects require an expert, and in those cases, you will need a Licensed Master Plumber.
NYC building codes and local laws have explicit guidelines about which plumbing services must be performed by a master plumber, but those requirements are not always clear to building owners. These are some of the most common reasons to hire a master plumber to manage plumbing work on your property.
Reasons to Call an NYC Master Plumber
Choosing the right plumbing service for your project enables you to be sure that the results will be high quality, and any repair work or installations will last for years. This may save you money in the long run as well, since you can avoid repairs or violations that may result from using unauthorized contractors. Additionally, NYC require a Licensed Master Plumber for any:
- Major Plumbing Issues – A broken boiler, a leaking gas pipe, a broken hot water heater, or another issue are all matters of safety and comfort that you should not attempt to handle on your own. A licensed master plumber can perform an inspection to determine the cause of the problem and what the best fix will be. They can then fix the problem quickly and effectively.
- Renovations or New Construction – The NYC DOB requires any renovations that involve plumbing to have permits filed by an LMP. A master plumber can also perform all work in accordance with building codes for a renovation that is well done and will not be at risk for any violations in future years.
- Installing New Appliances – Many appliances that will be powered by natural gas require an LMP to correctly install. The plumber can be sure that the installation is up to code and meets the manufacturer’s specifications. This ensures that you new appliance will function correctly with little risk.
- Gas Piping System Work – All work involving a gas line – gas pipe repairs, gas pipe leaks, gas pipe or gas appliance installation, or other gas pipe services – must be done by a Licensed Master Plumber in NYC. Any work performed by an unqualified party is illegal and could be subject to fines and natural gas shut offs.
- Inspections – The DOB and other city agencies require several regular inspections. Local Law 152 gas piping system inspections, BO9 boiler inspections, and commercial plumbing inspections often must be performed by a master plumber, or have the option to be performed by one.
When you have a job that needs a Licensed Master Plumber, you have options. Empire Plumbing Inc is a local LMP serving Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, and beyond. We provide a full range of plumbing services for residential and commercial properties, all at the best prices and with a friendly, professional team. Contact us today to hire Empire Plumbing as your master plumber.