Fire sprinkler systems are essential for saving lives and mitigating the damage from fire in your buildings. But in order for fire sprinklers to be effective, they must work in an emergency. To reduce the risk of a malfunction, the NY Fire Department requires regular inspections of fire sprinklers in NYC.
Empire Plumbing Inc is a NYC licensed master plumber that is authorized to complete all of the fire sprinkler inspections required for your property. We can help you interpret the regulations that apply to you, set up a testing and inspection plan, and complete inspections on time and at a reasonable cost. Call us today at (718)494-7301 to speak with one of our professional plumbing inspectors.
Why Use Empire Plumbing for Fire Sprinkler Inspections in NYC
Fire sprinkler systems are required at the majority of NYC properties by Local Law 26. Passed in 2004, LL 26 requires fire sprinklers in new construction and retrofitting in Groupe E occupancy office buildings over 100 feet tall, and family homes converted into residences with 3 or more units.
In addition, FDNY requires sprinkler systems to be fully functional and mandates you keep up regular inspections, or face penalties. We are the company you can depend on for NYC fire sprinkler inspections with:
- Licensed Master Plumber Certification - NYC fire sprinkler inspections must be completed by certified inspectors. As a licensed master plumber, Empire Plumbing has the experience to conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections.
- Competitive Prices - We offer reasonable rates on all of our fire sprinkler and plumbing services with upfront pricing provided before any inspections or repairs.
- Reliable Service - Inspections need to be completed on time. You can trust us to show up and work quickly. We can also help you maintain a testing schedule with friendly reminders.
Empire Plumbing understands the importance of a working fire sprinkler system in saving lives, but we also know that you have a busy schedule as a property owner. We aim to make the inspection process as simple as possible for you with flexible scheduling and full service capabilities that can handle every element of the inspection process.
Types of NFPA 25 Fire Sprinkler Inspections
NYC uses the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 25 to dictate inspection requirements for all local properties. These standards outline timelines, how we conduct inspections, and what types of damage could cause a problem.
At Empire Plumbing, we are highly experienced with the NFPA standards and can conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual inspections at your property to meet each of the requirements.
Monthly Fire Sprinkler Inspections
The monthly inspection is visual only. We will look over all external elements of the sprinkler system to detect visible problems, tampering, or physical damage to sprinkler heads, lateral pipes, alarm valves, gauges, connection to fire department, pumps, and backflow devices.
These frequent inspections make it possible to locate damage early on to both prevent accidents and keep system deterioration from getting worse since we can begin repairs immediately.
Quarterly Fire Sprinkler Inspections
Certain sprinkler system models require quarterly inspections in addition to monthly and annual ones. This is also a visual inspection that includes all the same checks as the monthly inspection as well as some more in depth ones such as:
- Valve Control Examination
- Check Indications of Hydraulic Nameplates and Valve Openings
- Main Drain Tests for Backflow Devices
If you are unsure if your property requires a quarterly inspection, give us a call. We use the NFPA standards to help you meet all requirements.
Annual Fire Sprinkler Inspections
Annual fire sprinkler inspections involve the standard visual inspection and a more thorough flow testing. For this inspection, we will:
- Evaluate Number of Sprinklers
- Close and Open Control Valves
- Trip Test on Dry Pipe Systems
- Supply Pipe Water Flow
- Full Flow Pump Test
Every 5 years, we will also conduct a required assessment of any internal blockages in the system. If we find problems at any time, we can make straightforward recommendations for the repairs you need and provide a pricing estimate.
Other Fire Sprinkler Services in NYC
Empire Plumbing can also assist you with other fire sprinkler needs at your property. This includes:
- Fire Sprinkler Repair - It is rare that an inspection turns up a problem, but when it does, you need a quick and reliable fix. We can make any repairs needed to keep your sprinkler system working properly whether we performed the inspection or not.
- Fire Sprinkler Installation - We can install fire sprinkler systems in new buildings and older buildings that are undergoing a renovation.
- FDNY Violation Removal - If your system has been cited by the FDNY for improper functioning, we can make the repairs and assist you in getting the violation removed without more extensive penalties.
We complete all of our fire sprinkler installation and repairs to be compliant with the New York City Plumbing Code so that you can be sure your building is up to code and not at risk for violations.
Properties We Serve
Our team at Empire Plumbing is based in NYC, making it possible for us to get to you fast when you need service for fire sprinklers at your property. We serve the boroughs of:
- Staten Island
In these neighborhoods, we work with commercial and residential properties. We also work with all standard fire sprinkler systems, including wet and dry sprinkler systems.
Schedule a Fire Sprinkler Inspection with Empire Plumbing Today
Keeping your building’s fire sprinkler system in good working order is important for many reasons. It keeps people safe and helps you avoid costly penalties when a system malfunctions. As a property, your best choice for fire sprinkler inspections in NYC is Empire Plumbing. Give us a call at (718)494-7301 to learn more about the inspection process, get a price quote, and schedule a visit from a licensed master plumber.